Here's the recipe from the FOX Flavor segment:
- Slice eggplant about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Prepare veggie cheeze sauce and smoky black bean sauce.Keep warm.
- Preheat grill. Slice tomato, zucchini and squash about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with olive oil and season with preferred seasoning blend. Brush excess salt from eggplant. Brush with olive oil and season as well. Grill vegetables 1-2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Line dish with 8 tortillas. Cover tortillas with half grilled veggies. Pour 1 cup cheeze sauce over first layer. Repeat. Top dish with final 8 tortillas and last cup cheeze sauce.
- Bake 1hour until lightly brown. Let cool. Cut into 8 portions.
- To plate, pour 1/4c bean sauce onto warm plate. Place enchilada onto sauce. Pour desired amount Cashew Crèma over top. Garnish with fresh herbs, salsa or pico de gallo. Serve alongside favorite rice dish.
Señor Veggie's Cheeze Sauce
2 c nutritional yeast
6 cloves garlic, crushed
1 med. onion diced
1 c fire roasted tomatoes
1 roasted poblano, diced
1 T mustard powder
1 t turmeric powder
1 t herbs de Provence
4c veggie broth
4T all purpose flour
Salt to taste
- In a pre heated medium sauce pan add 2 T favorite cooking oil. Sauté onion, garlic and diced poblano for 5 minutes.
- Add mustard, turmeric, herbs and flour. Cook briefly for a few minutes.
- Add fire roasted tomatoes, nutritional yeast and veggie broth. Whisk ingredients thoroughly.
- Bring to slight boil then lower heat to simmer. Cook 15 minutes or until desired thickness. Salt to taste. Use a stick blender for a smoother consistency.
- Use on favorite Mexican dish or over oven roasted potatoes, fresh tortilla chips or steamed veggies.
Smoky Black Bean Sauce
2 c cooked black beans
2 T chipotle, mashed
1 poblano pepper, roasted, diced
1 small onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 c veggie broth
1 T cumin
Salt to taste
- In a preheated skillet, add 1T olive oil, sauté onions and garlic for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add chipotles and diced poblanos. Cook five more minutes, remove from heat.
- In a blender combine beans, cilantro, cumin, salt and veggie broth. Blend on high until very smooth.
- Return black beans to skillet and bring to simmer. Adjust with more broth to desired consistency.
- Serve warm with favorite Mexican dish, or serve as a delicious soup topped with tortilla strips, pico de gallo and Cashew Crèma Fresca
Cashew Crèma Fresca
2 c raw, organic cashews
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
- In a glass bowl, place 2c cashews and enough water to cover nuts. Refrigerate cashews for 24 hours.
- Drain water, and rinse cashews briefly. Place soaked nuts in blender with enough water to cover by an inch. Blend on high until completely smooth. Season Crèma with salt and lime juice to taste. Adjust with more fresh water if still to thick. Refrigerate immediately.
- Use on favorite Mexican dish or where you would use crème fraîche or sour cream.